Neues Album: Eat me, drink me ?!

• Okey thanx Mr.Vibert!
    Hab'z jefunden.. Hab'z jehört...
    und schliesse mir der hier gänigen Meinung an: DAS KLINGT LAHM !!!
    ..okey waren ja jetzt nur 31 Sekunden vom ganzen Song doch irgendwie hört sich das wie 'ne billige B-Seite von'er Singel an!

Egal!... abwarten !!!

...I'm someone stupid just like u......I'm someone stupid just like u......I'm someone stupid just like u......I'm someone stupid just like u......I'm someone stupid just like u...

http://www.myspace.com/kennanzero

• bin ich froh das sich über geschmack streiten lässt :P
    whatever .. ich freu mich aufs album .. bin gspannt .. die 31 sek gfalln ma gut.. erinnert an a paar ältere alben von erm...

~ i wasn't born with enough middle fingers ~ :P

• Zitat

Original von unexpected
    bin ich froh das sich über geschmack streiten lässt :P
    whatever .. ich freu mich aufs album .. bin gspannt .. die 31 sek gfalln ma gut.. erinnert an a paar ältere alben von erm...

HAHA :D
    naja nicht alle können sich weiterentwickeln *windelschiss* :D

sogar mein vater gefällt es und der wurde geboren bevor es so scheiss kreischmusik gab wie cradle oder so ^^

Austria Wien Forever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ErnestDadamax ()

• lol ernie..
    aba gut dein dad MUSSTE sich ja über die jahre an so eine musik gewöhnen .. ergo wunderts mi ned wenns erm früher oder später gfallt :P

~ i wasn't born with enough middle fingers ~ :P

• haha, amerikanische mansonusa forumuser hören grad den französischen radio sender in der hoffnung das gleich heart shaped glasses gespielt wird, aber leider gibts momentan nur das:

Zitat

they are talking about the German emo pop band Tokio Hotel and they have listeners calling to say something about it

.... :D

nachtrag: das komplette lied wird heute noch gespielt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von joker ()

• sagt bloß wie es war, bekomm sowas nie an *heul*

• anscheinend haben sie es gestern abend nicht mehr gespielt, heute solls soweit sein.

mms://viptvr2.yacast.net/encoderlemouv
    den link im windows medie player öffnen zum mithören, heut abend ab 9 angeblich.

keine garantie. :D

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von joker ()

• Naja,...mach gerade den Link rein,...ok Musik is ganz chillig,...und dann fängt er an zu labern,...und er labert weiter,..dann kommt schon was von "allemand",...ich befürchte schlimmes,...und es geht weiter mit "Toookio Otälll!! Nooo.... :D

• war gestern jawohl so sauer weil ich das nicht anbekommen hab.bin hier fast ausgerastet, aber mein freund hat mir nen 30 sek. ausschnitt zuschicken können. ist zwar nicht viel , aber ich konnt wenigstens mal die melodie und so hörn...also ich find es (wenn man das nach der kurzen zeit überhaupt richtig beurteilen kann) ganz gut. oder ich bin einfach nur so "ausgehungert" in sachen manson das mir erst mal alles gefällt was neu ist :erröten

• Zitat

Original von The New Shit
    Habe mich mittlerweile mit dem Clip angefreundet - finde das Lied ganz lustig - fühlmich aber auch recht ausgehungert in Sachen Manson. ;)

hast du mehr von dem lied als 30 sek?

• Zitat

Original von The New Shit
    genau - schon bald wird das Video irgendwo im Internet zu sehen sein. Nur blöd das ich in den nächsten Tagen kein Internet haben werde und deswegen nicht up-to-date sein werde. :weinen

och schade, von dir hört man immer die neusten sachen....*schmoll* wirst daher doch auch sicherlich so nett sein und uns allen hier bescheid geben wenn du es irgendwo gefunden hast, oder???? *den liebsten dackelblick aufsetz*

• Naja es gibt genügend Leute/Seiten die recht aktuell sind :)

Hier die erste vollständige Kritik:

The website MansonLegion.com have put up an exclusive review of Marilyn Manson’s forthcoming LP EAT ME, DRINK ME, this review comes almost two months before its release! Fasten your seat belts, this will surprise you!

The album starts with a tablecloth of gloomy and romantic keyboards. A voice, almost depressive, adds itself. "6 am," says Manson and one imagines him alone in a hotel room on an early morning, in the process of speaking... of love! And yes, it will be necessary, as all the album speaks only of that! "It coils you so much you must kill me now". The atmosphere is heavy, weighing, and loaded with despair. The absence of keyboard (and therefore of Pogo) is striking and gives the tone of the remainder of the album. With the guitar of Skold, it starts softly but grows heavy by the continuation while the piece really starts up: "If I was your vampire!" yells Manson. The piece calms itself again, with there being also one of the characteristics of this new album: no moment is actually violated and there is no "This is the New Shit" here, only mid-tempo throughout "EAT ME, DRINK ME". A sentence of this first piece summarizes the album perfectly: "In the shape of your heart, this is where it starts, this is where it'll end". Here you are being warned...

The element of the more disconcerting parts of this album posts itself as early as the departure of the second title: the presence of a guitar splitting and excessively put forward. The style of this is always mid-tempo and recalls the more peculiar "Mechanical Animal" moods: romanticism and emotion blossoms, but without the black habitual atmosphere. The refrain is very catchy ("putting holes in happiness"), it sounds like Franz Ferdinand with Manson singing! The presence of a very long guitar solo is a big surprise, sharp and tense, Skold imposing himself to go out as a guitar hero... the result is really… astonishing!

One talked about Franz Ferdinand previously? The third piece is squarely inside! Certainly it is one of the songs that is more "British", with a jerky battering rhythm and guitars similar to The Strokes! "I can turn my back on you" said Manson, hoping only that the fans will not take that as the footer of this letter and will not turn their back on this really strange piece. So it is moved away from his habitual universe... a title that can immediately follow a piece by Rolling Stones for example... one comes out from it really perplexed.

Once more the guitar is put very forward at the beginning of the fourth piece, with a really special sound (and not necessarily excellent), to the sound of emo! When the other instruments return, the body of the track improves clearly, but one falls again quickly in another semi-ballad that could recall certain of the calmer titles of "Holy Wood". "Just another funeral and just another girl locked in tears", says Manson, melancholic and diabolically romantic, seeming desperately influenced by his sentimental rupture. Also, the refrain is well catchy, "they said hell is not hot", it repeats in the listener's mind as early as the second listen, and the body forms a rather likable and pleasant title. ("Likable and pleasant", who would have believed there'd be a day one could say that about Marilyn Manson?)

We're already at the fifth piece, and we thought that the album would finally be more heavy at this moment, but no it is still very calm and it will stay like that throughout all the album. In comes a straight mid-tempo, a duet between Manson and Skold from which the keyboard is always absent (maybe Pogo ended up dying from all its excesses?). The atmosphere is not really the one that one awaits Manson, so much more than... attention, the reverend singing! At last he sings and screams his despair to the sound of "just a car crash awaaaaaayyyyyyy", "coils it has fire, everything you think burns down everything you say". Tim Skold gets in gear with an always so astounding and unending solo, but not necessarily necessary…

The sixth piece, "Heart-Shaped Glasses", is the first single from the album. Military battery, sounds of bells, and guitars that once again come off as very "British". This one rocks, that much is clear, but it will be necessary that the era "Antichrist Superstar" or "Holy Wood" is well past. And finally, we get evidence that Pogo is not dead. There are keyboards! There are keyboards at the arrival of the refrain and one understands right away why it is a single: "Don't break my heart, don't break my heart and I won't break your heart shaped glasses. Little girl, little girl you should close your eyes; that blue is getting me hiiiiiiiiigh!" This is very entertaining and one will memorize it quickly. It is almost cheerful, so much that it even has a nursery rhyme pace! It probably is one of the better pieces of the album, but that risks lending itself to controversy with purists.

The band starts up and then slows down, and some noises, little clicks of a battery arrive powerfully. One recovers a mood very... Mansonesque? No, obviously, useless one focuses itself on it and doesn't try to appreciate the evolution (the revolution) that the artist must propose. One that has really and definitively changed universes. The voice of Manson always is enough to mourn, the always so disconcerting guitars, recalling one that has a coherent body. This is not Manson old school, this is Manson new school, time to take it or leave it!

The eighth piece. Fingers snapping, a low groove enveloping, and a piece on the theme of the race of Alice's white rabbit to the countries of wonders! And yes, the album is called "EAT ME, DRINK ME" nonetheless! And at last the guitars are heavy; one did not believe there would be more!!! The voice of Manson, reworked, shriller and less processed! That does not last a long time, but does well. Without a doubt it is one of the pieces that brings "Mechanical Animals" to mind.

A good battering rhythm opens the following piece, very inducing and posts, at last, a Manson more filled with hate, judging by the repeating of "fuck you fuck you fuck you too"! Once more it rings very "English", with a jerky groove and more guitar solos! Manson talks about the "rebels without causes", it realized that it is what it had become, from where this need for radical change not to fall into auto-caricature? "You know that I play this better than you", and at the finish we agree.

On the tenth and next-to-last title, Manson murmurs to us that "you and me and the devil makes 3". The mood is a little more gothic, a darker song that rings enough "groovy Goth". The are little guitars and less pop and it sounds a little more saturated. One comes close to what could have been expected in the beginning, before putting the album on.

We arrive to the last piece, where one rediscovers them self in a true Manson-esque mood. (But isn't it a little late?) There is more mid-tempo and obviously there won't be one different pace to violate the entire album. The piece recalls the dark atmosphere of the melancholic ballads of "Holy Wood", and there is Manson speaking again (and always) to a woman: "I have a butterfly next to your flame". "Eat Me, Drink Me" he says to us, and the title punctuates itself on Manson repeating, untiringly, "This is only a game"...

In closing, it is really necessary for you to await the change! This is a coherent, pleasant album to listen to, but in a completely different register. The album reeks of maturity without any doubt. The Antichrist grew, lived alongside the men and even endured the worst suffering known to man: love.

A new time and more than ever, Manson will lend himself to controversy, but not necessarily where one awaits it…

EAT ME, DRINK ME will is set for a June 5th release in the US.

mansonusa.com

Ich bin mal gespannt...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!