Manson in san fransisco mit helnwein

• SWELLS

Sunday, November 20, 2005

[.....]

Toasting his hosts, Stanlee delivered the highest praise: "I never thought I'd say this. But after tonight, I truly can say there really are two people who can give a better party than me."

Mod Squad: Gallerist Martin Muller promised, and delivered, a colorful evening celebrating "New Paintings," the latest exhibition by Austrian artist Gottfried Helnwein, at Modernism.

Especially if you're seated between Helnwein and his friend-collector Marilyn Manson at Muller's Modernism West annex for a postshow repast created by the artisans of Foreign Cinema.

"Just call me Manson," said the rocker, sporting a subdued version of his signature undead look. "I was a journalist once. But I got tired of too many boring interviews."

Hmm, I pondered. So my future is filled with face paint or this is going to a long, painful dinner ... for both of us.

But Helnwein and Manson are fascinating, articulate men who happen to create uncomfortable art. Manson even created his own movement -- Celebritarian Corp. -- which I shan't even attempt to interpret.

I pleaded similar ignorance of Helnwein's art, but was rewarded with a Bingo! moment, when I said his "Untitled" piece (featured on Martin's flyer) brought to mind a nightmarish version of "Alice in Wonderland."

Guess who plans to create a film about Lewis Carroll, with Manson in the starring role?

Helnwein lives in Ireland but paints in Los Angeles: "L.A. is a place for anarchy. It's a good place to create art." His countryman Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sometimes drops by. "It's seldom I meet a politician I actually like," said Helnwein, laughing. "Arnold operates on the naive belief that you can make something better. He reinvents stuff."

Beneath the floating, flitting images of Naomie Kremer's "Paint Moves," guests at the one long table included Helnwein's daughter, Mercedes; Austin Hills; Metallica's Lars Ulrich and his pal Steve Wiig; Chronicle Managing Editor Robert Rosenthal and his wife, Inka; and Margaret and Peter Allen. Manson hadn't met author/painter/bon vivant Barnaby Conrad but knew his work -- he gifts friends with Conrad's absinthe book.

Earlier Barnaby had quipped cleverly (natch) about his beloved "green fairy" elixir. Asking for a repeat, Conrad thought for a moment, then broke into a big grin. "I don't remember. And if you can't remember, that's definitely an 'absinthe' quote!"

Holiday babble-on: Actually, the season arrived before Halloween with the (unhallowed) opening of Macy's Holiday Lane. And Dec. 1 (alone) is already jam-packed with holiday cheer.

[....]

Martin Muller (left), with Gottfried Helnwein and Marilyn Manson at the Modernism Gallery for the opening of Helnwein's exhibition. Photo by Barnaby Conrad III, special to the Chronicle

Photos courtesy of Barnaby Conrad III, special to the Chronicle

den kompletten artiklel könnt ihr hier lesen

• manson guckt bei dem schwarz/weiß foto wie bei acss :2thumbs

After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop
    working with Immortal due to personal reasons.
    A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making Immortal superb through all this time."
    Abbath, Demonaz and Horgh.

• ich finde sein aussehen auch langweilig....kann sich der nichts anderes einfallen lassen?der ist doch e so begabt

jede narbe erzählt eine geschichte.
    manche sind tief.
    manche schmerzvoll.

• Zitat

Original von AngelOfSuicide
    ich finde sein aussehen auch langweilig....kann sich der nichts anderes einfallen lassen?der ist doch e so begabt

Er WAR so begabt !!! :motz

MM-Bootlegs

Come into my kingdom, come into my world

P E R V E R T E D-:-D E S I R E

I will show you the beauty of suffering

• soller rumlaufen wien schminkkasten,damits euch auch wieder nicht recht ist? :wall

After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop
    working with Immortal due to personal reasons.
    A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making Immortal superb through all this time."
    Abbath, Demonaz and Horgh.

• Zitat

Original von Gingi Fish
    soller rumlaufen wien schminkkasten,damits euch auch wieder nicht recht ist? :wall

meine meinung. wechselt ihr denn jeden tag euer outfit, make up, frisur, haarfarbe,....
    ich nehme mal an NICHT

The less people undertsand you, the smarter they think you are

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!