Neues Album: Eat me, drink me ?!

• Auf Mansonusa.com wurde ein französischer Bericht gescannt aus der Zeitung ROCKMAG in dem folgendes zur Tracklist steht: (Zeitung hat nur einen Teil der Songs gehört:

01. Putting Holes in Happiness
    02. When The Heart Guides the Hand
    03. They Say Hell Is Not Hot
    04. Red Carpet Grave
    05. I'm Not You Vampire
    06. Are You The Rabbit?
    07. Just A Car Crash Away

Source: MansonNew.Info

01. Putting Holes in Happiness
    Dieser Song klingt ähnlich wie 'disassociative' von Mechanical Animals. Ein sehr langes Gitarrensolo kommt drin vor.

02. When The Heart Guides the Hand
    Der Song wiederholt sich sehr oft könnte aber der beste Song von EMDM sein

03. They Say Hell Is Not Hot
    Mansons Stimme ist emotional, er wollte nicht schreie. Weisst Ähnlichkeiten zu Putting Holes In Happiness auf

04. Red Carpet Grave
    'Punk' mit Gitarrensolos

05. I'm Not You Vampire
    Der Song ist atemberaubend, klingt wie ACSS

06. Are You The Rabbit?
    Klingt wie TGAOG

07. Just A Car Crash Away
    Klingt wie Coma White

Blah Blah Blah

• über "when the heart guides the hand", auch von mansonusa:

The beat was even kind of dancey, I'm not sure if old fans will like it, but I liked it, and I wasn't a huge MM fan (huge NIN fan actually).
    Thats my take on it, emoish for Marilyn Manson, mind you, not emoish for like, the Get Up Kids. Don't be upset if its not what you are expecting it to be. The sound was creative for sure, but it was not like old Manson stuff.
    Vocals wise it wasn't raspy, really, that's what was different, and I liked it better, since the raspy shit used to piss me off. And like I said, I was really into NIN and Tori Amos and crap like that in the 90's.
    Some of the goth chicks were listening to it, and were like "If thats the new stuff then I don't like it." I don't understand, is the possibility of Manson sounding different this time around, (after he was supposedly in retirement) just something you can't accept?

• Die Platte hat "nur" 7 Songs? Es wurden doch andere Titel auch genannt? :confused

Edit:
    Die genannten Tracks:

"If I were your Vampire"
    "Red Carpet Grave"
    "Rebels Without Applause"
    "Just a Car Crash Away"
    "You, me and the Devil makes 3"
    "Putting holes in happiness"
    When The Heart Guides the Hand
    Are You The Rabbit?
    They Say Hell Is Not Hot

jetzt sind wir bei 9

• das wär ja noch schöner :motz

The crazyness you see, is the best side of me.

The madness I have, is what you deserve.

Eine Erfolgsformel kann ich dir nicht geben, aber ich kann dir sagen,

was zum Misserfolg führt: Der Versuch jedem gerecht zu werden.

Engel sind auch nur Geflügel...

• Zitat

Original von The New Shit
    The official release date in France for "Eat Me, Drink Me" will be Monday 4th June. There will be two editions available with one being a special collector’s edition.

also wie schon geschrieben freitag der 1.6. bei uns. :D

• englische übersetzung des französischen rockmag textes:

From 00'00 To 04'35 Putting Holes In Happiness

A mid-tempo title made of epic and tearful guitar riffs. On this heavy, dark serenade, Manson wears a tortured crooner voice and cries an attack to someone. Musically close to the glam metal from Mechanical Animals (more precisely Disassociative). At 2:46, a howling guitar solo tears it's despair during almost a minute (it ends at 3:37). Like in fundamentally Loathsome. From there you can tell the record will be emotionnally strong, probably a link with his divorce with Dita.

From 04'36 To 09'36 When The Heart Guides The Hand

This time, it's a compulsive and hypnotic rythm that balances a martial tempo, almost military. Makes you think of the binary drums of Walk In Line by Joy Division transposed to our century boosted by en evil sound. Synth notes (quite subtle) come along to strenghten the 80's aspect. The title is ultra repetitive and reminds of Violent New Breed by Shotgun Messiah (Skold's ex-band). The bassist makes it place and shows domination on the piece and mixes his talent to the God of Fuck's desperate voice. In the end, a broken toybox sound comes to throw us into an abyss. When The Heart Guides The Hands will be the future genocide, ready to tear apart goth dancefloors.

From 09'37 To 13'54 They Say Hell Is Not Hot

Back to a black shiny glam style. Minimalist style. Gets rid of the invading electro sounds. Manson seems to play it sober (even tho he's a self-proclaimed absintheur) with a more organic sound. A church organ comes to make the sound darker just after another evil guitar solo. Just as in Putting Holes In Happiness, Manson tries an emotional voice and doesn't show any rage. Just like he decided to drop the weapons and sing along with a soft chant of a humanity decaying.

From 13'55 To 18'02 Red Carpet Grave

Much of a surprise with a song that start in a Brittish sort of way. Almost a reminder of The Who with jerked up guitars and a volunteerly dirty sound. Behind that, a massive beat anihilates this vintage effect and transforms english rock to something new. Some punk assets double howling solos in a disturbing musical orgy. Eyeliner leaks under the sweat and this unstructured title ends in a totally messy sound.

From 18'03 To 24'04 I'm Not Your Vampire(this song might be titled ''If I Was Your Vampire'')

The band - or the alchemy between Manson and Skold seems to be to it's higest point - continues to astonish. This long progression of 6:01 is filled with distressing echoes. A slow and oppresive melody builds itself under a dusty crypt. Dirty choruses sing horrors to your ear while the detuned accoustic guitar reminds of the heaviest moments of Antichrist Superstar. The music comes and goes, off and on, along with erotico-dark waves dictated by Manson. This gothic ballad could replace the untouchable Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus. Manson didn't hide his willingness to create the ultimate goth anthem, this one is probably the one to choke upon.

From 24'05 To 28'02 Are You The Rabbit?

Sharped edge guitar riffs from Golden Age Of Grotesque appear to rip your guts apart on this one and only fast song. The cataclysmic drum leads a frantic Manson searching for a flesh rabbit in a metal maze. A song without any big surprises, but it seems to be made to raise the crowd in a live show.

From 28'03 To 32'58 Just A Crash Away

A subversive ballad made of guitaristic trituracion that end the record. Once again, Mechanical Animals hunts this Coma White tainted composition. Manson seems to relay on strong feelings and sings with more sincerity than ever. It seems like he's getting rid of his entertaining persona, spitting big parts of himself on every syllable. A final that seems to represent the state of mind of most of the new songs, exploring in a piercing way an intimate side left aside to an assumed subversive speech. Could it be the ultimate divorce present to Dita?

• tracklist update:

1. If I Was Your Vampire
    2. Putting Holes In Happiness
    3. The Red Carpet Grave
    4. They Said Hell Is Not Hot
    5. Just A Car Crash Away
    6. Heart-Shaped Glasses (When The Heart Guides The Hand)
    7. Evidence
    8. Are You The Rabbit ?
    9. Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form Of Flattery
    10. You And Me And The Devil Makes 3
    11. EAT ME, DRINK ME

6,9 und 11 wurden von mansonlegion nicht ganz richtig wiedergegeben!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von joker ()

• Heart Shaped Glasses klingt sehr ungewohnt. Klingt sehr "tanzbar".
    Man kann nachdem 31 Sekunden Clip nicht viel sagen, aber mir gefällt es. Es ist mal was ganz anderes. Ungewohnt für Manson !

Blah Blah Blah

• allerdings....
    irgendwie klingt seine stimme seltsam -.-

don't like the look of it
    don't like the taste of it
    don't like the smell of it

i wanna watch it come DOWN

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von yoko-is-dead ()

• Zitat

Original von The New Shit
    Viel sagen kann man wirklich nicht und ungewohnt ist es allemal!

Was habt ihr denn so Angst vor Veränderungen ihr Banausen :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!