JEORDIE WHITE: I Would Record An Album With MARILYN MANSON

• The Des Moines Register recently conducted an interview with former MARILYN MANSON and current NINE INCH NAILS/A PERFECT CIRCLE bassist Jeordie White (a.k.a. Twiggy Ramirez). A few excerpts from the chat follow:

On playing with MARILYN MANSON:

Jeordie: "My days with Manson were such a roller coaster, kind of a coming-of-age thing, that it almost seems like a dream," he said. "I don't remember much of it to be honest."

Q: You've served with Manson, Maynard James Keenan (A PERFECT CIRCLE) and Trent Reznor, three of the most extreme and demanding singers/bandleaders of metal. How do you do it?

Jeordie: "I do play with probably three of the best people at what they do in that genre, but these are just people I know, they're just friends that I've met through the business. . . . I think now as everyone's getting older it's a lot easier, and people's egos are at rest. . . . It's pretty relaxed, actually."

Q: How bad a boy were you in the '90s?

Jeordie: "You just forget about taking care of yourself and just being a good person and being nice to people around you. One's ego can get so inflated and get so crazy and full of this power that you think that you have, you just do stupid things. At the time I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I don't have any regrets, really. But I wouldn't act the way I acted then, now. Never in a million years. I see people in other bands — this makes me feel old, kind of — I see people in other bands coming up, looking and behaving only a tiny, tiny percentage of the way I did. I was way more ridiculous. Much, much bigger of an (bleep). These guys are idiots. I think I can say that 'cause I was worse."

Q: So these days you're sober and . . . ?

Jeordie: "I'm not sober. I'm clean. I just got off tour and I decided not to drink for a couple of months. It's definitely a cleansing thing. I understand the sober lifestyle. I understand why people could get sober. I'm not totally sober now, but in comparison to how things used to be I would say I'm pretty sober."

Q: Do you ever miss the days of Twiggy, the dresses, the shock, the theatricality?

Jeordie: "I miss it sometimes. There's a lot of parts of my life that I like so much better now. One of the reasons I'm not in (MARILYN MANSON) anymore is that I started to feel a little ridiculous. . . . The time period I was in that band I meant it, all the theatrics onstage, all the characters, so to speak, without sounding too stupid or pretentious. The Twiggy Ramirez character was real. And then it began to start to feel like Gene Simmons or something. 'Oh, I gotta put my dress on to go play.' If I were to do that again I probably wouldn't be that same person. I wouldn't just do the KISS reunion and throw the dress on and smear my makeup and start doing a bunch of drugs."

Q: What's your plan post-NAILS?

Jeordie: "If the opportunity arose to do a record with MANSON, I'd do it, under the right circumstances. With APC I'd like to. I'd like to do my own record, which I've been working on over the last couple years. . . . It just seems like every plan that I've had in the past usually changes to another outside opportunity that was unexpected. I didn't ask or look for A PERFECT CIRCLE or NINE INCH NAILS. . . . It's just something that knocked at my door: OK, sure."

blabbermouth.net

Wer kein Englisch kann sollte in der Schule aufpassen :rolleye

"Austria is my favorite City in Germany."
    Evil Jared

• Ich kann es mir nicht wirklich vorstellen, dass Twiggy wieder zurück kommt, auch nach diesem interview nicht. Das käme mir dann auch etwas lächerlich vor, wenn er dann auf einmal wieder geschminkt zwischen den anderen stehen würde. Ungeschminkt wäre cooler, aber das lässt sich mit der Band wahrscheinlich nicht vereinbaren. Wobei etwas Puder und Kajal ja auch schon wunder bewirken können. Träumen darf man trotzdem noch, wobei ich Tim Skold im Moment am Besten in der Band finde und nicht das Gefühl habe, dass er die Band verlassen würde, oder kann er auch Gitarre spielen?

Wenn man Bass und Schlagzeug hat
    klingt die Musik schon ziemlich satt
    Doch der Lauteste ist
    Natürlich nach wie vor der Antichrist

www.mindlessselfindulgence.de

• Er sacht ja nich das er wieder in die Band will nur das er unter umständen nen Album mit Manson aufnehmen würde ;)

Und Skols kann wohl auch Gitarre spielen.

"Austria is my favorite City in Germany."
    Evil Jared

• wäre schon geil...

After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop
    working with Immortal due to personal reasons.
    A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making Immortal superb through all this time."
    Abbath, Demonaz and Horgh.

• da fällt mir ein:

kohen: Question for Jeordie - It's evident that the past few years have yielded a lot of change in your life in MANY aspects - what provoked these changes? Your decision to leave Manson and Co. and move on to APC and now NIN was obviously a big one.
    jeordie_white: Leaving Manson was a natural progession im my life.

anaismorr: Question for Jeordie: If you were offered $1 Billion Dollars to work with Manson again, would you do it?
    jeordie_white: Money is not what is keeping us from working together
    josh_freese: I'd work w Manson for only a half billion dollars. No problem.

Thur. Dec 08 2005

Jovany: hey twiggy, how was it like being ejected from Manson?
    jeordie_white: like jumping into a cold pool of water on a hot day

aus spiral interviews (spiral = nine inch nails fanclub oder so ein zeug)..eigentlich exklusiv :D nun ja recht amüsante fragen von fans und antworten der bandmitglieder

• Zitat

Original von Kami-chan
    wenn twiggy mit manson was macht wird das eh wieda nur one witzpartie..

meinste,die schießen wieder popcorn? :D

A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making Immortal superb through all this time."

• ja, es wäre auf jeden fall toll, ihn wieder mittendrin zu sehen, ungewohnt, aber schön, wie in alten Zeiten! Aber es wäre recht seltsam, das ist richtig, und trotzdem könnte ich es mir vorstellen, nur glaube ich nicht wirklich daran ,dass es jemals passiert! Und Tim Scold sollte dann trotzdem bleiben, und Gitarre übernehmen! Aber es bleibt lediglich bei einer Vorstellung, glaube ich!

^°^Light a candle for the sinners, set the world on fire...^°^

• Man darf doch noch träumen oder?
    Am liebsten:Twiggy zurük an Bass,Skold übernimmt die Gitarre und Gingi zurück ans Schlagzeug und Pogo bleib natürlich wo er ist.
    Ach wär das schön!

Man hört Geschichten, Mythen, Sagen,
    Engelsgleich ihr golden Haar,
    wüsste ich nur wo, ich würde es wagen,
    zu lauschen dem Gesang - fürwahr!
    Für einen Kuss von ihren Lippen
    würde ich alles geben, was ich hab'!
    Mein Hab und Gut und meine Seele...

• Zitat

Original von TheGrotesque
    Noch schöner wäre wenn John5 wieder da wäre

hmm... finde ich eigentlich nicht. er hat von allen bandmitgliedern am wenigsten in die band gepasst, und irgendwie konnte ich ihn nie wirklich in mein Herzlein schließen. Ansichtssache halt.

^°^Light a candle for the sinners, set the world on fire...^°^

• Zitat

Original von Antimensch

Echt... skold raus, twiggy rein:D

lol,wie auf der ausländerbehörde ^^

• schließ ich mich an,john 5 hat das sweet dreams solo am geilsten gespielt

• Zitat

Original von TheGrotesque
    Ich find john war bisher der beste gitarrist den manson hatte und twiggy der beste bassist.. vondaher....

Eben find ich auch !!!!

C´mon Babies grease your lips

Put on your hats and swing your hips

Don´t forget to bring your whips

We`re goin` to the freaker`s ball.

[SIZE=7]Dr.Hook and the Medicine Show,Freakers Ball[/SIZE] :peitsche

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!